The Turkish Cypriot Government has announced 5 scholarships under the OIC Educational
Exchange Programme, starting from the spring semester of 2021 academic year.
Pursuant to this Turkish scholarship offer, qualified students from OIC Member States may avail the
opportunity to study at undergraduate (Bachelor), graduate (Master) and post-graduate programs
in any of the following participating universities:
- Girne American University (GAU)
- Cyprus International University (CIU)
- Final International University (FIU)
The Turkey scholarship by Cyprus Government application form and information notes on Northern Cyprus universities and the scope, terms and conditions of the scholarships are enclosed herewith. Further information about the educational programmes of the universities are available on the websites of the respective
universities mentioned above. The scholarship offer does not include Medicine, Dentistry and
The medium of instruction at the aforementioned universities is English. Applicants are therefore
expected to be proficient in English or attend the English Preparatory School of the university
they are enrolled at. However, study at the preparatory school should not, in any case, last more
than one year.
Turkey Scholarship by Cyprus Government Requirements
- Be a graduate of a high school or of any equivalent secondary school;
- Fulfill the admission and enrolment criteria as provided by the TRNC Higher Education
- Provide documentation certifying the language proficiency required by the specific
program of the university to be applied or to be successful in the foreign language
examination to be held by the university itself.
Duration of Turkey Cyprus Government Scholarship
- The scholarship covers the fall and spring semesters.
- Scholarship is valid only for the duration of the regular period of study
- For undergraduate education (bachelor degree): 10 semesters (including preparatory classes)
- For graduate education (master’s degree): 4 semesters (including preparatory classes)
- Ph.D. degree: 8 semesters (including preparatory classes)
Benefits of Turkey Cyprus Government Scholarship
Scholarships granted by the TRNC to students from third countries (other than citizens of
TRNC and Turkey) only include tuition and allowance. All other expenses, including dormitory
fees should be met by the students themselves.
How to apply for Turkey Cyprus Government Scholarship 2021?
Download the application form in this document, fill it and chose a degree program from above mentioned three universities and send your application material to the following email address:
Applicants, who already have acceptance or conditional acceptance letters for the year 2021
from one of the universities listed above are eligible to apply, complete application forms,
together with copies of relevant certificates and documents specified in the application form,
must reach the OIC General Secretariat no later than 30 November 2020 at the following
Mr. Mohamed A. Zaghoul/Mr. Sher Rehman,
Department of Science & Technology,
OIC General Secretariat,
P.O. Box 178, Jeddah 21411
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia