Coffee baristas play a crucial role in the food and beverage industry, preparing and serving coffee drinks to customers at coffee shops, cafes, and other establishments. In Canada, the demand for skilled baristas is high, with many coffee chains and independent establishments always looking for talented individuals to join their teams.
In this article, we will explore the average salary, the top coffee chains, and independent establishments that are hiring baristas in Canada. Whether you are considering a career as a coffee barista or simply want to learn more about this exciting field, this article has something for everyone.
Average Salary of Coffee Barista in Canada: CAD$ 12.50/hour
According to the Government of Canada’s Job Bank, the usual hourly pay for a barista in Canada is $12.50. This is equal to an approximate yearly salary of $26,000, based on a 40-hour workweek. Nevertheless, keep in mind that this is just an average salary we equated. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors such as the barista’s level of experience, the location of the job, and the size and type of the establishment they work in.
Coffee Chains in Canada Hiring Baristas:
Are you in search of a new job as a barista in Canada? Look no further! Here are eight popular coffee chains that are currently hiring baristas:
- Starbucks: This international coffee chain is always in search of people with positive attitudes & dedication to join their bars.
- Tim Hortons: Known for their delicious coffee and baked goods, Tim Hortons is a Canadian staple and a great place to work as a barista.
- Second Cup: With locations all across Canada, Second Cup is a popular choice for coffee lovers and job seekers alike.
- Aroma Espresso Bar: This chain, with locations in Ontario and Quebec, prides itself on serving high-quality coffee and providing excellent customer service.
- Blenz Coffee: This British Columbia-based chain is always on the lookout for talented baristas to join its team.
- Bridgehead Coffee: With a focus on sustainability and fair trade, Bridgehead is a great place to work for baristas who are passionate about ethical coffee.
- Coffee Culture: This Ontario-based chain is dedicated to serving great coffee and building a strong community of customers and employees.
- The Beanery: This Manitoba-based chain is a great place to work for baristas who want to be part of a small, tight-knit team.
If you’re a coffee lover and enjoy interacting with people, working as a barista at one of these chains could be a great fit for you. Each of these companies values customer service and is looking for customer-oriented & easy-to-go workers to join their team.
5 Star Hotel Chains in Canada Hiring Baristas:
Here is a list of 5-star hotel chains in Canada that may be hiring for barista positions:
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – With locations in cities such as Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a luxury hotel chain that is always looking for talented baristas to join its team.
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts – This luxury hotel chain has a location in Toronto, and they may be hiring baristas to work at their on-site coffee shops and cafes.
- The Ritz-Carlton – With locations in Toronto and Montreal, The Ritz-Carlton is a luxury hotel chain that is known for its impeccable service and attention to detail. They may be hiring baristas to work at their on-site coffee shops and cafes.
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts – This luxury hotel chain has locations in cities such as Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, and they may be hiring baristas to work at their on-site coffee shops and cafes.
- The St. Regis – With a location in Toronto, St. Regis is a luxury hotel chain that is known for its lavish facilities and world-class service. They may be hiring baristas to work at their on-site coffee shops and cafes.
It’s worth noting that job availability and requirements may vary by location and hotel. It’s always a good idea to check with each hotel directly for current job openings and requirements.